I love Taco Tuesday and this fresh and easy dish!
GET-AHEAD TIP: Go ahead and slice up your onion, zucchini, and squash for tomorrow’s meal. When you get home all you’ll need to do is saute it up!
- Start by chopping your toppings like avocados and fresh cilantro. I like to slice the avocado and pull the leaves off the stems of the washed and dried cilantro. Go ahead and get out your cheese, shredded cabbage, and salsa as well. Set aside.
- Now start with thawed fish (fresh is great if you can find it). If it’s not thawed, running it under cool water can thaw it in about 20 minutes. Pat dry and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle 1/4-1/2 tsp each of cumin powder and chili powder per two servings. I like them pretty seasoned.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add 1-2 tbsp olive oil. Once hot, add your fish in the skillet. It’ll take about 3 minutes per side.
- While your fish is cooking, get out your toppings and tortillas. I like to heat my tortillas gently in the microwave covered with a wet paper towel.
- Just before your fish is done use a spatula to cut it into pieces and turn up the heat to evaporate excess liquid (up to a minute).
- It’s time to build your tacos! I like to build like this: fish, cilantro, cabbage, sour cream/Greek yogurt, avocado, salsa… If you want to kick it up a notch (you know I’m gonna!), add a squeeze of Sriracha over your cabbage.
- Tortillas (if you need more)
- White Fish like cod, orange roughy (can be frozen)
- Shredded Cabbage
- Cilantro, fresh
- Shredded Cheese of choice
- Sour Cream/ Greek Yogurt
- Spices: Cumin & Chili Powder
- Optional: Sriracha