- Pan-Seared Grouper with Balsamic Butter Sauce
- Green Beans
- Pan-fried Potato Rounds (leftover potatoes)
Cooking fish can freak people out. This recipe is simple and delicious. I tweaked it for us to make it even easier!
CAUTION: Make sure you’re keeping your pot holders handy since we’re transferring and using hot pans.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. We’ll save the fish for last so we can serve it hot and awesome. Get your leftover potatoes out and slice into about 1/2 inch rounds. Preheat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add 1-2 tbsp butter. Once melted add your potato rounds and cook until golden brown. Add dried parsley, salt, and pepper to taste. Keep warm. You can place them on a baking sheet and pop in the oven if needed.
- While you’re starting your potatoes in the skillet, get out your fish and set on the counter to warm up. Next, steam your green beans with 2 tbsp water in a microwave-safe dish with a lid for about 6-8 minutes or until they reach your desired doneness. Drain, add butter (~1/2 tbsp per person), salt, and pepper to taste.
- Let’s do this fish! The amounts for the fish are based on 4 servings. Tweak as needed. Get out a large ovenproof skillet (like cast iron, stainless, etc). If you don’t have a skillet that is oven-safe, you can transfer the fish to a baking sheet instead. Just place the baking sheet in the oven to heat up while you start the fish on the stove top. Preheat your oven-safe skillet to medium-high heat with 2 tbsp olive oil. Season your fish with salt and pepper and place in the hot skillet.
- Now cook the fish in the skillet for about 4 minutes and flip. Transfer to the oven for about 5 minutes (use your heated baking sheet if needed). Once cooked through (white all the way through), remove from the skillet or baking sheet and place on your plates. Now add 2 tbsp butter to your pan and melt. Once your butter is melted, add 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar and the juice of 1/2 of a lemon. Spoon sauce over fish and place your green beans and potatoes alongside. Boom! Fish is served.
- Grouper Fillets (or halibut, sea bass, similar)
- Green Beans, whole, fresh or frozen
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Spice: Dried Parsley