- Chicken & Veggie Kebabs with
- Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
Do Ahead: We’ll go ahead and grill our chicken for Tuesday and make our marinated veggies for tomorrow.
It wouldn’t hurt my feelings if you had a little birthday cake with this meal, or any meal this week! 😉
- If you don’t have metal skewers that you can reuse, get wooden/bamboo skewers at the grocery. Soak skewers in water for about 10-20 minutes before loading. This will keep them intact on the grill.
- Cut your chicken breasts for tonight into cubes no larger than 1”. Wash and dry all your veggies. Cut squash and red peppers (for tonight) into chunks or slices that won’t fall off the skewers. Start kebabin’! Chicken, chicken, veggie, veggie. Lay skewers on a baking sheet layered with foil. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and dried oregano. NOTE: Make extra seasoned chicken for Tuesday…Don’t cut it up. Grill the breasts whole.
- Go ahead and coarsely chop broccoli, red peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, & red onion (if you like it). Toss with your favorite vinaigrette and refrigerate for tomorrow night. Not digging these veggies, swap them out for others.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and your grill/grill pan to medium heat.
- Cut your red potatoes into about 1” cubes. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and dried or fresh rosemary. I love fresh rosemary so I add a lot. Start with 1/4 tsp per person if you’re not sure. NOTE: Make extra potatoes for Tuesday. Evenly space out potatoes on a baking sheet and roast ~30 minutes or until desired texture, stirring halfway.
- Grill up your kebabs and chicken breasts. Kebabs take 5-6 min per side and breasts take 6-8 min per side. Just make sure juices run clear.
- Enjoy your kebabs and potatoes tonight, and sleep well knowing how ahead you are for your dinners this week : )
NOTE: If you don’t want to grill you could roast the kebabs (& extra chicken) in the oven right along with your potatoes (~30 minutes at 400 degrees).
- Chicken Breasts (3 meals)
- Wooden/Bamboo Skewers (if you need them)
- Red Bell Peppers (2 meals)
- Red Potatoes (2 meals)
- Red Onion, optional
- Dressing/Dressing Ingredients
- Spices: Rosemary, dried or fresh, Oregano, dried