- BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Quinoa Pantry Salad
- Green Beans
I developed the quinoa pantry salad for a friend who always had quinoa on hand. Switch up the ingredients based on what you have in the pantry!
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and drizzle a baking sheet with olive oil. Use a paper towel to spread oil and coat pan. Place thighs on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Now, repeat the oil and seasoning on the other side and place on the baking sheet cut side up (where the bone was removed). Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Now prep your quinoa. Make quinoa as directed on package (I prefer using chicken stock instead of water–better flavor). NOTE: Make a double batch of quinoa since we’ll use it again on Saturday. Use half for your pantry salad & put the other half in the fridge. Let cool and add olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste plus goodness from your pantry like drained artichoke heart quarters, chopped olives, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh herbs, and feta/Parmesan. Mix it up. It can be served hot or cold.
- Now get your chicken thighs out of the oven and drizzle your favorite BBQ sauce over the top. Now flip them using a spatula and drizzle sauce on the other side. Place back in the oven for 25 minutes or until cooked through (internal temperature of 165). The edges will start to turn dark with the sauce.
- Get your green beans ready by placing them in a microwave-safe bowl with 2 tbsp water. Cover with a lid and steam until tender, 6-8 minutes. Drain carefully, add butter (~1/2 Tbsp per person), and salt and pepper to taste.
- Once your thighs are ready, pull out of the oven and drizzle again with sauce. Plate with your green beans and quinoa pantry salad. So saucy!
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs (you can use bone-in and skin-on if preferred)
- Green Beans, whole, fresh or frozen
- Quinoa (2 meals)
- Chicken Stock
- Artichoke Hearts, canned (if desired)
- Sun-dried Tomatoes in olive oil (if desired)
- Olives (if desired)
- Feta/Parmesan (if desired)
- Fresh Herbs like parsley and basil, if desired
- Olive Oil
- BBQ sauce of choice
- Spice: Garlic Powder