- Pan-Seared Salmon
- Tossed Herbed Potato Salad (leftover potatoes)
- Cheesy Cauliflower “Pie”
Think you don’t like cauliflower, you gotta try this!
FLAVOR SAVER: Put your fresh parsley in a coffee cup or jar and fill with water. It’ll be fresh and ready to use on Friday.
GET AHEAD TIP: If you want to speed up getting your chef salads on the table tomorrow, go ahead and boil your eggs up tonight.
- Get out your leftover potatoes. Mix up your dressing for the potatoes in a large mixing bowl using red wine vinegar and olive oil. I use ~ 1 tbsp of each per portion. Now add in your potatoes along with ¼ c chopped fresh parsley. Toss to coat and leave at room temperature. Toss again before serving.
- Now start the cauliflower. Use one whole cleaned and trimmed head of cauliflower. Place the cauliflower in a microwave-safe glass dish with a cover. Add ~ 2 tbsp water and cook on high for about 10 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add 1-2 tbsp olive oil. Season your salmon fillets with salt, pepper, and Italian Herb/Spice Blend. Put fillets in the hot pan. Let cook about 3-4 minutes per side, depending on your desired doneness. I like to really crisp up the outside and leave a juicy medium center.
- While the salmon is cooking, mix 1/4 c yogurt (or mayo/sour cream) with 1-2 tsp mustard (plain or fancy), salt, and pepper. Once your cauliflower is cooked and soft, carefully remove from microwave. Drain water from the dish, spread yogurt and mustard mixture over the cauliflower, and sprinkle with ~ 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Cook 1-2 more minutes in the microwave just to melt the cheese. Add salt/pepper to taste. I slice and serve it like pie 🙂
| Grocery Items
- Salmon Fillets, skinless, fresh/ frozen
- Cauliflower, whole fresh
- Greek Yogurt/ Mayo or Sour Cream
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded (2 meals)
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Fresh Parsley (1 bunch will work for 2 meals)
- Spice: Italian Herb/Spice Blend