- Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken Burrito Bowls
BOWL BALANCE: We’re using black beans and corn which both provide starch so we don’t need to add rice or tortillas. We’re all set.
- START IN THE MORNING: I usually make 4-5 large breasts and it serves 4 two times. Get out your Crock Pot and drizzle with olive oil. Add 1/2 c of salsa to the bottom of the pot. Put your chicken breasts in pot lining the bottom. Sprinkle with 1 tsp ground cumin (optional) and cover with 1/2-1 c of salsa. Place lid on Crock Pot and set on low for 6-8 hours. NOTE: You’ll be using this chicken in tomorrow’s dinner as well.
- When you get home, prep the rest. I like to use frozen corn and steam it in a microwave-safe dish with a lid for about 6-8 minutes or until hot. Drain and set aside.
- Now open your black beans and drain them. Add to your corn along with a drained can of diced tomatoes with jalapenos. Mix together and heat for about 2-3 minutes more in the microwave.
- Remove your chicken breasts carefully to a cutting board. You should be able to easily shred or pull apart.
- Now make your bowls by placing about 1 c of the corn, bean, and tomato mixture in the bottom of your bowls. Top with a handful of shredded cheese, your shredded chicken, a dollop of sour cream, salsa, and, if desired, chopped fresh cilantro. YUM!
- Boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts (2 meals & if you want to throw in boneless, skinless thighs you can)
- Salsa of choice
- Cilantro, fresh, if desired
- Diced Tomatoes with Jalapenos (like Rotel)
- Cheese, shredded of choice
- Sour Cream
- Black Beans, canned
- Corn, frozen
- Spice: Cumin (optional)