- Classic Cobb Salads with
- Steak (using leftovers)
IT’S ALL IN THE NAME: Remember, if someone doesn’t like the “salad,” grab a tortilla and a call it a Super Cobb Wrap or Taco.
MAKE EXTRA boiled eggs. I say if you’re making 2, go ahead and make 6. You can eat a couple with fruit for a quick breakfast, make egg salad, or carry them with you for a protein-rich snack.
- If you haven’t gotten your bacon cooked, start with that. I cook low and slow in a larger skillet. You could bake it if you prefer (15-18 minutes at 400 degrees). Cook about 2 pieces per salad you’re making PLUS extra for Wednesday.
- While your bacon is cooking, boil some eggs. Place 1 egg per person in a small saucepot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, cover, and turn off heat. Let rest for 12 minutes. Run cold water over eggs to cool them quickly so you can peel them.
- Now get your salads together by placing 1-2 large handfuls of salad greens on a plate or in a large bowl. Place sliced avocado, diced tomatoes, diced cucumbers, sliced eggs, and crumbled bacon on top. I like to place the toppings in “slices” like a pie (it’s pretty ;)).
- Get out your leftover steak from last night and slice into bite-sized pieces. Place on top of your salads or in a “slice” and add a side of dressing. Dig in!
- Salad Greens (2.5 meals)
- Avocado (2 meals)
- Dressing of choice, I use a Chunky Blue Cheese.