- Bang Bang Shrimp with
- Carrot, Cucumber, & Ginger Salad
This is one of my FAV-O-RITE dishes to order out. So, I figured out how to make it at home.
Variation: If you’re not feeling shrimpy, you can do this with chicken cut into small pieces (think popcorn), or even tofu. You’ll just need to cook chicken a bit longer to get it done.
- This recipe is for 1 pound of shrimp, but you can do more or less as needed. Once thawed, pat shrimp dry and put in a gallon-size Ziploc bag. Add 2 Tbsp cornstarch and shake, shake, shake to lightly coat the shrimp. Place in the refrigerator until time to cook.
- Make your sauce. This is the amount to use for 1 pound of shrimp or about 4 servings. 3 tbsp mayo (can be olive oil-based), 1-2 tsp sriracha (up to your spice level), 1 tbsp ketchup, and 1 tsp honey. Mix, mix, mix. Set aside.
- Now prep your salad. Place your mixed greens on half of each plate and top with sliced cucumber and shredded carrots (I buy the matchstick ones to make it quicker). Just before serving, top with a Ginger Sesame or similar dressing.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat and add 2-3 Tbsp vegetable oil. Once heated, start putting your coated shrimp in the pan in a single layer. Let brown on one side and turn (2-3 minutes on each side depending on the size of shrimp). Once cooked, place shrimp on a paper-towel covered plate. Repeat if you have more shrimp to cook. Once all of your shrimp are cooked, toss them in your bang bang sauce and plate next to your salads. Optional garnish: Add a little more sriracha sauce (think drops) and sliced green onion to pretty it up. It’s spicy good!
- Shrimp, frozen
- Sriracha Sauce
- Green Onion (optional)
- Vegetable Oil
- Mixed Greens (if you need more)
- Salad Veggies (if you need more)
- Ginger Sesame Salad Dressing
- Gallon size Ziploc bag